Tuesday 22 December 2015

#Fitness - The First 20lbs, my #gym success story.

20 pounds down, the first of my initial 60 pound loss!


When I started my weight loss journey I was very depressed about my weight.  I weighed in at 292lbs.  My blood pressure was crazy bad. I simply wasn't well.  I struggled with change and fulfilling a promise to get healthy.



The struggles were very real!  Everyday was temptation for me, I'll explain why.  You see I was drinking 12 cans of Pepsi a day. Not to mention between 4 and 8 energy drinks a day.  I was very addicted to the caffeine and the rush it gave.  I'm not blaming the drinks though. I blame myself for not having any restraint.

I knew the first thing I had to do was give up the things that were impeding my health so I cut out pop and energy drinks.  Juice, Milk, I went to straight water.  I even gave up drinking alcohol.  It was very hard as I went cold turkey. I was addicted and I had a struggle to go everyday. I still do months later. But I haven't relapsed on it. I've been strong.


So back on track. When I cut the drinks out I also added a new level of fitness training to my life.  It was crazy hard but worth it.  I added in a 5km walk per day and an hour of weight training at the gym. I followed a simple 4 day routine.
  • Back
  • Chest
  • Arms
  • Legs
  • Repeat.

In 2 weeks I lost 20lbs. Crazy extreme. But that was my all diet and influx or physical training. I had a very bad diet and without those energy drinks and pop I basically cut my daily calorie intake by an exponential amount. So I had to adjust my diet more and my weight loss slowed down. But become extremely healthy there on out. 

But those first 20lbs were the beginning of the road ahead. The addiction to fitness grew. Being able to breath properly when walking up stairs. Not feeling like death anymore from doing the simplest of tasks. I've learned much about myself from this.

No comments :

Post a Comment