Tuesday 22 December 2015

#Fitness - #ChestDay post workout 'feelings'.

Post workout feelings this Chest Day



Table of Contents

    Those Feels

    Have you ever worked so hard towards meeting or reaching a goal that you felt sick to your stomach when there wasn't immediate results?  I know I feel that way everytime I work chest.  It has been a very, VERY long time since I have been able to push 2 plate.  I'm getting back to it but it makes me feel a little sick knowing it is taking so long.

    When I was younger this was easier to do, I was going up 10-15lbs a month or so, no I'm lucky to go up 5 a month.  No matter how I train.  I feel that with my new training being a slower more controlled to prevent injury of this old man body of mine that the effect is taking even longer.  Of course I'd love to blame a slower training on slower gains but the truth of the matter is I need to train properly and I just don't like things taking so long.

    I am impatient.

    I'm in my early 30's but I feel so much worse, having had a bad go (accidents, broken limbs, and so on) it just feels as if it has taken its toll on me and I want to get my old body back sooner than later.  I know there is no easy way to make it happen.  As a young man it still took me a long time to sculpt out my body, but as an older gentleman I am finding it much harder to get back in the swing of things and getting my body back on track.

    What I'm lifting

    On chest day I tend to start out with my heaviest exercises first, wel starting with medium weight and working my way up to my heavier weights obviously, this is where I bench or chest press.  I keep this first so I am training this way with the optimal body strength.  So basically me at my best so I reduce risk of injury.  I'm not sure if this is the best way to train though.  I guess I am going to have to read some books/epubs on this so I get a better idea on what to do.

    From there though I move into fly's, inclined press, cable cross, etc, basically all the exercises I can do to focus on the chest.  It has worked in the past to get me to bulk up chest wise, but I also need to burn more calories, as I am trying to lose weight while building more muscle, again sometimes I wish there was an easy button for this.


    No comments :

    Post a Comment